During this time of year, teachers, students, and parents seem to have one thing in common – counting down the days until the last day of school. However, we do have to get through the end of year testing first, so get plenty of rest, eat a solid breakfast, grab a coffee (or some sweet tea), and listen for some encouragement from us. 😉
In this episode, we talk about why school is not really that important. We talk about the pressures to perform and the alarming suicide rate related to the feeling of not measuring up. What matters is recognizing these stressors in your child’s life and helping them navigate through them. Your relationship with your child is more important than test scores, and we share why we believe that.
- Share a Promotion for 15% off your total purchase of Sudio Sweden Headsets. Follow this link https://goo.gl/su7UdM and use the discount code TOLPodcast at checkout!
- Highlight our first Podcast conference we will be attending: #Podfecta 2018!
and we reference…
- Pairadocs Episode #46 “School is not that important”
- “Suicide on Campus and the Pressure of Perfection”
- 15 highly successful People who never went to college.
- Success is Not Measured Only by Money and Stuff.
AND, last but not least, we give credit where credit belongs:
Intro/Outro arrangement: Inman Music, April Abraham