I am so excited about this week’s episode! If you haven’t heard of our guest already, let me introduce you.
But first, our Goal for today is threefold: Introduce listeners to our guest and what her company is about; share tips to encourage and promote the Be Strong Story message within our families and community; visualize what it looks like to take a step back from doing things “for” God to just “be with” God.
Without further ado, here’s Kristi!
Kristi Hayes has been in ministry for over 15 years. She has been involved with different church staffs and worked closely with non-profit ministries. She has worked in DC as a lobbyist on Capitol Hill and helped with President Bush’s Advance Team. She is currently the Founder and CEO of Be Strong Story- a business that is spreading a simple lunch box note that her husband wrote in her son’s lunchbox that says:
Protect the Weak
They work with homeless and others who need a second chance.
Her greatest desire is to influence and inspire families to go into the vulnerable places and serve others. She is a certified personal trainer and Level 1 Crossfit Trainer. Mom of 2 kiddos, 2 cats and 1 dog, wife to Grant. On any given day you will find her walking on her hands with her kids, building a team of women to do what they didn’t think possible, and re-decorating multiple rooms in her house.
We also talk about a product launch this month. Use the code Teaoflife for 10% off purchase! Check out the cool items at bestrongstory.com.
What I Also found while Stalking her: (She is a treasure trove!)
- Fitness Coach: Founder of KHOP Fit (videos on YouTube with her little girl in her Elsa outfit.)
- She’s a reader – various genres but from what I can tell she likes reading books about how people function – or grow. How things or people work
- 8 on Enneagram
- Husband was in the Secret Service!
- We talk about morning routines
- How I heard of her – from our friend Merritt Onsa and her “Devoted Dreamers Podcast.” The title was “How to Loosen your grip on your
- Company story (how it began):
- How do you encourage your family to live out your Be Strong Story? How can we encourage our families?
- When prepping for the interview, I was thinking about the recent school shooting in Texas back on May 18th. I was thinking about how I watched the CNN live feed on FB and I noticed all the comments coming in. Just back and forth tension between people blaming others of different races, religious background, blaming God. And It just reminded me of the lack of unity we are experiencing as a Nation. It was like I felt compassion for those involved until I read the comments from people who just seemed to be fueling the fire and not being a part of any type of solution. And I am not wanting to get political things here, but I couldn’t help but think of how we all need, more than ever, encouraging messages like “Be Strong. Protect the Weak. Love Everyone.”
- I gotta ask – do you have a planner? Where do you see Be Strong in the next year? 5 years?
- We teach our kids by example. And if compassion is not first or second nature for us, do you have any suggestions on how we can encourage others?
- Here is what popped out to me during the Devoted Dreamers Podcast interview: Loosening your grip on your dreams:
She quit everything for 1 year and just be Content with God. “You’re doing things for yourself in my name.”
(How do we recognize those signs of holding on too tight? Why is it important to do a heart check?)
Kristi’s book faves:
Connect with Kristi:
- Website: www.bestrongstory.com
- Be Strong YouTube channel
- Follow on Instagram: bestrongstory
My Takeaways from listening and stalking:
***From her Instagram- commenting about her love for books, she says “takes me forever to research and find ones I like… I give them 50 pages. If they don’t hook me I am out. That’s why I always have 3-4 books going at the same time from different genres!”